Friday, April 12, 2013

Sharing the News!

Obviously we told my parents, sister and brother-in law, brother, and Mark's sister and brother the day that we received the wonderful news! They were all [patiently] awaiting my phone call (ha). I would have to say that my sister was the least patient out of everyone, she was already texting me at 8AM the morning of my pregnancy test. I tried to hold off as long as I could to tell her but I ended up breaking it to here around 3:00 that afternoon because I couldn't hide it any longer!

We had set up a face time "date" with my parents that evening so we broke the news to them that way. Right after we got off the phone with the nurse who told us the good news, Mark said, "let's go up to your parent's house and surprise them with the good news!". Oh man I was all game but then we were snapped back into reality...both of us had to work the next day, boo!

I told my Grandpa and Grandma on the weekend we were back home in February and they were both very excited and reassured us that we were very deserving of this. They know how hard we've been trying and how badly we wanted this!

As for the rest of my family, I had to do it over email/facebook messaging. My dream was to do it all in person and wait until Easter to tell everyone BUT I could no way wait that long!! The responses I got back from everyone was overwhelming. I love my family so much, they are all so supportive and encouraging!

I told a few of my close friends and Mark told a few of his close friends over the phone. I did get to tell one of my friends in person because she came over to visit me that weekend we were home in February so I was happy about that! Distance just makes it so hard to do everything in person the way you'd like it! Also, alot of my close friends knew the process we were going through so was wanting updates through it all, so there is no way I could've kept it too long from them. I am definitely thankful for my friends and all of their support!! Couldn't have gotten through it without them and my family!

Next up was good 'ol facebook! This is how we announced it:
I'm going to be a Mommy!!!!! ♥

 
 
And then I posted this picture and tagged Mark in it:
 
Our little blessing <3
100 people liked it and 19 people commented.
 
We are blessed with some great friends and family, to say the least!!!! Oh and a beautiful baby on the way!!!

 


1 comment:

  1. love love love this! I am so glad that I got to hear you say the words "We're having a baby" in person! The look on your face was priceless! Love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete