Friday, April 12, 2013

1st OBGyn Appointment

On Thursday, April 4th, I had my very first appointment with Dr. Ridgeway at 2:00. I arrived at about 1:50 and they informed me that Dr. Ridgeway was over at the hospital delivering a baby and will return in about 30 minutes.

Prior to this appointment, I did meet with Dr. Ridgeway's Coordinator to go over upcoming appointments, get a bunch of blood work done, and also take a urine sample.

While I waited, I ran into a couple friends of ours who are also pregnant and right behind, she is 8 weeks and I am 13! They are doctoring at the same office but a different OBGyn. I sat and chatted with them for a little while so it was nice to catch up!

I got called back to the room at about 2:30 and they took my urine sample. When I was waiting for Dr. Ridgeway to come in the room, I heard in the exam room next to me the baby doppler and got goosebumps and butterflies! I was so excited to hear our baby.

Dr. Ridgeway came in the exam room and answered all my questions and then we got to hear what I've been waiting for for what seems to be a long time; the baby's heart beat! She found it right away and it was a steady and strong 162bpm!

After my appointment I made a pit stop at home to change clothes for the gym and left daddy this note and I think he liked it ;)
 
I can't wait to see him as a daddy...he is already so proud, it just melts my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment