Hoppy Easter everyone!
Thursday afternoon after I got off work, Mark and I hit the road for Iowa!
When we arrived home, of course the house was filled with the smell of baked goods and coffee. Home sweet home!! Mom and I had found a recipe recently that looked deliciously amazing and decided we'd try it over Easter when we all came home. Of course she had them all baked and fresh out of the oven for us. It is layered with chocolate chip cookie, Reece's peanut butter cup, and brownie. They were dangerously addicting, to say the least!
Bright 'n early Friday morning, Mama and I hit the road and fulfilled our Good Friday shopping trip! It was a good day for some good bargains. I bought alot of bigger/maternity clothes for a good price, I was happy with my finds! We shopped the morning away and before we knew it, it was close to 1:00 and our tummies were rumbling. We took a breather to eat and talk for awhile at Mall's food court. Of course we got Taco John's and to top off our meal, we splurged and got Dairy Queen! Mint Oreo mini blizzard...perfection:)
We did alittle more shopping after lunch and then headed back home to the guys, we know how much they were missing us all day, ha!
Early Saturday morning mom and I hit the road again to head to Rock Valley to find some good steals at a couple well known consignment shops. I got a pair of jean capris and a pair of white maternity capris. I think I should be pretty well set for the summer!
Saturday the fam and I went out to eat at a local Mexican restaurant and we were all in food comas! Between snacking on junk food and candy and then eating mexican, we were all foodie'd out and we haven't even had our Easter dinner yet!
Nothing a good night's sleep can't wear off. We all went to Easter morning mass at 8:00 (yes, another early morning) and came home to find our Easter baskets! ---oh wait, I was reminiscing back 20 years ago :( No hiding baskets anymore, now the big 'ol bowl of candy sits out all.weekend.long for us to gorge over!
After mass, Wade, Laura, Shayla and Addie arrived! Here is our little sleepy head in her Easter dress from Grandma. She wasn't feeling 100% so she slept on and off all day:
Monday afternoon Mark and I packed up and headed back down South. It's always so hard to leave family after such a fun and long weekend home.






No comments:
Post a Comment