Lucky for me, I did not vomit at all and it would not hit me until about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. It was a feeling of being hungover and [unfortunately for me] food was the only thing that comforted me! I was happy though to keep all my food down so the baby would get its nutrients.
I did not nap once during the 1st trimester, but went to bed by 8-8:30 every night! I would count down the minutes until bedtime due to my nausea. That time just couldn't come fast enough.
I was faithful in going to the gym almost every day because that was what cured my nausea- breaking a sweat! I would work out for about an hour after work as hard as it was for me not to go home and be a couch potato, but I knew I kind of had to go to feel good, and it's good for baby of course ;)
Of course my taste buds are all out of whack with all my fluctuating hormones so some things that I used to love, I no longer love and things that I never really ate, I'm eating!
Food Aversions:
Ice Cream - this was hard for me to grasp because for all those who know me, I had ice cream each.and.every.day...a couple-few times a day :) . I gave it a try a couple times but just wasn't setting right! So I forfeited my
until I entered the 2nd trimester when I was feeling good again! Drum roll please.............................
Gum- I have always chewed gum since starting Weight Watchers and losing weight. It curbed my hunger.
Food Cravings:
Pizza
Ketchup
Cereal
Animal crackers
Ham - I don't "like" this craving because I am not supposed to have deli meat due to the Listeria found in it that could affect the baby. As long as I thoroughly heat it up though I'm fine.
As you can see, I was all about the carbs and not the sweets, which is not like me at all! I tried my hardest to keep it as healthy as possible. Notice the whole grain cereal and crackers ;)
At about 12 1/2 weeks, thank the Lord, I started feeling pretty much 100%!! I still go to bed around 9-9:30, makin' a bab-ay is hard work! I kept telling myself though that it would all be worth it in the end! :)



MMMM Pizza- i am guessing boy-just cause that is what I have craved the entire time!
ReplyDelete