Thursday, April 11, 2013

Receiving the News

And we thought the 2 week wait was long...but on a side note I will say, I tried to keep this thought in the back of my mind over the past year...


On Thursday, January 31st, exactly 2 weeks from our egg retrieval, I went in for my blood pregnancy test at 7:30AM sharp!

My veins are very little and they roll, but the nurse(s) have never had such a hard time finding a vein. They looked at both arms, both hands, and about went for my foot (ouch!). Of course, me being as analytical as I am, I thought this was a bad sign.

Finally, after about 5 pokes they found my vein! I was not leaving that office until they got some blood from me, today was the day that we've waited for for a long time!

After I gave blood I went back to work for the morning because for our insurance to cover all of the labs, they have to be sent out to a particular location to get tested and usually that takes about 4 hours. So more waiting....

Mark is currently on the Midnight shift at work (11PM-7AM) so he typically sleeps during the day until about 4. Well, we were NOT waiting until 4 to find out. So we had it all set up to where I would be home by 1:00 so that Mark and I could receive the phone with the news call together!

It got to be about 1:05 and still no call. Mark has always been the positive one throughout this whole process and he made the comment, "they haven't called yet, do you think that's bad news?". Ohh the thoughts that were going through both of our heads!

About 1:10 my cell phone started ringing and I just froze up, started shaking, and my heart was racing. I answered the phone and put it on speaker phone. It was Jane, one of my favorite Nurses at the clinic, and she asked if we were both present. I could tell by the tone in her voice that it was possibly, maybe good news but didn't want to jump to conclusions! I confirmed that we were both present and I will never forget this word and the tone of her voice...

"Congrat-ulationsssss!!" ....Mark and I both cried happy tears and we will both never forget the feelings and emotions we both felt at that moment. We are having a BABY!!

My HCG blood pregnancy test was at 250 which is a really good number!

I scheduled an appt. two days later for another HCG blood pregnancy test to make sure that all of my hormone levels were rising appropriately.

On Saturday, February 2nd, I went in for my follow up blood test and got the call later that my numbers were at 655! Wowza! Jane stated that it could be one really healthy one or possibly two. We will find out at our 1st sonogram at 6 weeks!

Best.Day.Ever.

1 comment:

  1. As if the blog post prior to this didn't have me in tears and even though I've received emails from you with details, I'm now nearly bawling at my desk!! Completely over the moon for you & Mark! You two will be wonderful parents to this blessing soon to enter your lives!!

    ReplyDelete