On Saturday morning, I got my first text at 6:49AM reminding me of the big day and telling me to just rip the envelope open already! Little did some people know, we weren't doing the reveal until 6ish that evening! :)
My mom and I got up and headed to Sioux City that morning to do some shopping to kill some time until it came down to cutting the cake! We finished up shopping around 2:00 and headed back home and on our way home we stopped in Orange City to pick up THE cake! This made it feel even more real, that it's actually going to happen----we are finally going to find out if we get a little girl or little boy!! (as you can see, daddy had some ideas for our cake lady ;))
Sara did an awesome job on the cake! As we were leaving the driveway, she actually ran and poked her head out of her front door and waved really big, so we stopped, I got half way out of the car and actually got to thank her in person (which never gets to happen---since she's SO busy with her cakes, she has 2 big fridges out in her garage for "cake pick-ups"). As we were pulling away, mom pointed out that she had a PINK apron on ;) Any little sign we could get when trying to guess, we took! ha ha.
We got home, freshened up, and off to church we went! The whole crew was rounded up. My dad was home from work and my sister and Adelynn met us in church so right after church you know just what we did!!---well, after we snapped a few pictures of course! These will be great for our sweet baby ______ to look back on when he/she gets older!
Alright, and...it's GO time! Time to CUT the cake! (finally!)
AND....IT'S PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Words cannot describe how ecstatic we were! Of course we would be happy with whatever God blesses us with, but everyone knows already how much this girl LOVES PINK, ruffles, polka dots, and ALL things girly:) I cried happy tears!
Mark and I were both SO convinced it was a boy. I had been having alot of boy dreams and all of the other "signs" were pointing toward boy, minus the heart beat. We were both in shock I think!
Alot of my people, including my family, just could not believe how calm we were about not just ripping that envelope to shreds the day of the ultrasound and just digging into that cake when we got it. The way Mark and I looked at it is...we've waited so long and tried so hard to have this baby. We were just happy to have "A" baby in my belly!! :) Of course we were still super excited to know what it was, but just as long as there is a healthy babe in there, we are content!!
After all of the excitement of texts, phone calls, and facebook messages, we finally had some down time and it actually sunk in....we are having a GIRL! It suddenly came to me...if our other little identical twin would've hung on, we'd have TWO girls!!!! How fun would've that have been!?! :) Shopping buddies and best friends for life :)
After cutting the cake and all of the excitement
Let's just say that this is what was left of the cake after less than 24 hours!
That evening we just chilled out and enjoyed eachother's company and talked all things girl! My dad and Mark were thrilled :) After we had ate dinner and gorged in the cake, Mark and I let the 'boy' balloons go....like I told Mark, "next time" :)....
All in all, it was a GREAT weekend and I had mixed emotions about it all be done and over...but then Mark reminded me that the excitement continues and before we know it, she'll be here!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment