Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Perfect "1st" Mother's Day Weekend :)

On Friday afternoon I headed back to the homeland to spend the weekend with my mama for Mother's Day and the rest of my family of course! :) Unfortunately Mark couldn't make the trip with me this time.

Friday evening when I got home we grilled out. It was soo nice, still in the 70's at 7:00! Felt like a perfect summer night with no humidity.

Saturday morning mom and I headed over to Sioux Center to pick out some landscaping bushes and trees for their yard and run a couple other errands. We all went to church that afternoon and anxiously awaited my little chunky monkey and my sister to arrive!

I love, love, LOVE this little lady so much!! She has to be one of the happiest babies ever! You just look at her and she just smiles so big, melts Auntie's heart! I caught her off guard in this picture hehe.
 
After lovin' up Adelynn for awhile, we headed out to some high school graduations! We went to my old babysitting kid's and my second cousin's graduation parties. It was a fun time and I got to see one of my besties and her family too so that worked out perfect!
 
Sunday morning we all woke up and just relaxed, ate breakfast, and loved this little girl up some more! Looks like she was ready to join her Uncle Mark at the gym with her little shaker bottle!! ;)
Sunday for lunch we went to one of my mom's favorite Mexican restaurants over in Sioux Center. Good food, good company- what more could ya ask for?? When we got home, us "moms" and Addie went for a walk to enjoy the beautiful weather! We also stopped by the cemetery along the way to visit my Grandma's grave. After our walk, we headed out to my Grandpa and Grandmas to see the rest of the family. Baby Hefley got SO much attention already this weekend:) Lots of talking to and feeling! He/she was lovin' every minute of it, I know it ;)
 
Unfortunately, the dreaded Monday rolled around but it wasn't as dreaded as any other typical Monday! I got to look forward to seeing Sarah and her super cute kiddos that morning!! I got to meet her little boy, Quin, finally! He is the cutest little boy and so cuddley. I got tears in my eyes just thinking this would be me and my little baby in 5 short months!
 
After Sarah and the kiddos left, mom and I went for a walk and enjoyed the awesome 80* weather!! It was a bit windy, but it was a warm wind, it felt so nice. I headed back down to KC around 2:00. It wasn't as hard leaving this time knowing we'd be back for our Gender Reveal in a couple weeks:)
 
When I got back, I was surprised by this! My 1st Mother's Day gift from my little baby! I was quite emotional and in loss of words. I think Baby H already has his mama wrapped around his/her teeny-tiny little finger! :)
 

I have been wanting a body pillow because I always take Mark's for something to "hug" and lean on to avoid laying on my tummy, so with Daddy's help, baby got me one!

...and it all came with this sweet note! Also not pictured was some lemon juice packets for my water that I have fallen in love with. Plain old water gets kind of old after drinking about 100 oz a day! It's good for baby though so ya gotta do what ya gotta do! ;) This totally topped off my weekend and made my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment