Last week, mommy was sick/miserable ALL week with a nasty cold. I blamed it on being out of routine and getting run down after our fun weekend in Fort Dodge! Well I should've known that I couldn't keep it from Jordyn:( She's just so irresistable and couldn't help but give her kisses, not even thinking!
Wednesday she came down with a bad cough, Thursday evening she projectile vomitted for the first time, everywhere... that evening she went to bed at her regular time and I followed her, in anticipation for a long night ahead! I turned up the monitors and had the pedialyte on standby just waiting for a nother episode. At about 3AM I realized Mark wasn't in bed yet and I just assumed that he fell asleep out on the couch, thinking he could get to her faster if she vomitted again...nope, I woke up to this...
He has to be one of the best daddys ever!! He would do anything for his little cupcake. That little girl has her daddy wrapped twice around those chubby little fingers!!! She got daddy to camp out in her room for the night!First thing Friday morning we called the Pediatrician and started her on Pedialyte. She had a cough and runny nose on Saturday. Sunday she vomitted again and first thing Monday morning Mommy and Daddy brought her in to the Pediatrician! It was breaking this mama and daddy's heart seeing her this way...
You'd never guess she was sick though, she was in very high spirits...fussy at times but I don't blame her one bit!
She checked out good at the doctor; lungs sounded good, ears looked good, oxygen levels were good, but she did have a really red throat. Poor girl, bless her heart. Of course they couldn't do a darn thing for her, it was all viral.
We headed over to Babies R Us after her apppointment and got Saline drops to loosen up the mucus and a Nose Frida... and yes, WE actually suck the boogies out(ha ha). Mark was really weirded out by that but he was the first to do it! The boogies do not get near where we suck though. It was definitely worth the buy! I've seen friends highly recommend this as well as our Pediatrician!
We came home and rested & snuggled in for the day.
This was taken the day she went to the doctor...this girl doesn't let anything bring her down! She has been all smiles. I think that's what hurts us the most, we see/hear how miserable she is, but yet she still continues to smile and be happy. Love this little sunshine!!!
She is definitely on the mend though!! No more runny nose, no vomitting, and just alittle bit of her cough is hanging on. I think we are close to whipping this virus in the rear!!






No comments:
Post a Comment