We met up with two of our really good friends Friday night and headed down the street to the Lenexa BBQ Battle! It consists of about 180 contestants cooking up a bunch of BBQ and then the 240 judges determine the winner each year. What I want to know is how you become a judge!! ;)
They all set up their tents, smokers, tables, grills, etc. Friday night and it's usually a big 'ol party. This year the band Saucy Jack came! Friday night around 11 or 12 they usually start smoking their meats as they have to smoke for about 10-12 hours and on Saturday is the judging.
At the last minute we had contemplated not going just because it has been SO hot in the 90's with the heat index in the 100's. Surprisingly, I lasted for two hours! My feet hurt and I was hot! We walked across the street to a mexican bar and grill and had chips and salsa and
Saturday morning I got up and did my favorite weekend morning routine! Cardio then pool time! Sitting by the pool was pretty hot this time, I didn't last in my lawn chair too long...I went and sat by the side of the pool dipping my legs in. It felt so nice and relaxing.
Saturday afternoon Mark and I did a little shopping at Carter's since they were having a big sale. We got six outfits that we just couldn't resist. We walked over to Gordman's from there and daddy picked out some new sockies for his baby girl. Daddy loves his Jordans!
After shopping we went to go see a couple of our favorite friends who just had their baby! Unfortunately he's been in the NICU since last Sunday because he had some breathing issues. He's doing better now though!
After visiting for about an hour, we were off to get us some BBQ! After all the BBQ we were around on Friday night, we had made the decision already last week that we were going out somewhere for BBQ Saturday night for date night! It was amazing as always...you can never go wrong with KC BBQ, it's really starting to grow on me!
Sunday consisted of gloominess, groceries, and church...and NOT looking forward to Monday:)




No comments:
Post a Comment