Our "moving man", Miles, who used to work with Mark at the police department, was nice enough to offer his time [and muscles] for about three days. The guys loaded up the bigger things in the UHaul first (couches, bed, entertainment center) and packed it in tight with some boxes. Liz and Tenley joined us later on for a grill out! (Miles' wife and daughter) Liz is pregnant also so of course everytime we get together we have great bonding time:) She is 8 months along! I still tried to chat and pack as much as I could while the guys loaded up more! hehe.
We called it a night around 9:00, the UHaul was full. We were planning on staying overnight at Miles and Liz's that night but of course we kept cleaning/boxing random things up that we came across and didn't get done til about 10:30. We just decided to crash at our place one last night. Bittersweet. [The bitter part: last night in our apartment that we've made so many memories in AND having to sleep on the floor at 28 weeks pregnant (lol) and the sweet part: moving into a bigger place that we will make even more memories in with our little girl!]
Early Tuesday morning, we woke up and got started packing up more! When I say early, I mean early. I was just laying there from about 3-5AM just waiting to see the sun rise so I could feel better about getting up! 6AM sharp I was up and at 'em. I let Mark sleep til about 7:30.
We stopped at McDonalds for Mark's coffee and off to check into our new home we went. We unloaded all morning, took a break around 1ish to grab some lunch at Panzon's, and unloaded more that afternoon. That evening Mark and I just "unpacked" at the new place. By Tuesday night I was having pretty bad round ligament pains just from going up and down steps, bending over, etc.
Wednesday morning Miles came over and the guys made me stay at the new place to "relax" (yeah right, I unpacked more) and they went back over to the old place to get the last of the stuff! I took a break from unpacking and went over to Wendy's to grab them lunch and then unloaded the rest that afternoon. Whew!
That afternoon Mark and I unpacked at the new place more and Miles went home to get some shut eye! :) Mark and I got pizza that evening and Miles, Liz and Tenley joined us! Great night with some great friends {and a lil cutie!}
Thursday we unpacked pretty much what was left. I hate the feeling of boxes sitting around so we were eager to get everything cleaned up and organized! We needed a breather so we went out to Legends to Nebraska Furniture Mart and purchased a King size bed, yay! I made a grocery run in anticipation for my parents' arrival Thursday night! Our new bed was delivered around 8:00 and they got down here around 9:15. We stayed up til about 11 and chatted/checked out the new place and we all crashed!
Friday morning we woke up and ate breakfast and then went back over to the old place to do the dreaded cleaning and get the last of what was there (knick knacks!). Dad and I made a Goodwill drop off trip while Mom cleaned [bless her heart]. I couldn't stand those chemicals and it's probably not good for baby either! By 12:30 we called it good, had a quick lunch at Wendy's, and off to our Baby Ultrasound we went!! After the U/S we squeezed in a little shopping and back to the old place we went....to get our ceiling fans down and our washer and dryer loaded up to bring out to our friends' house that they just had built [our new place has washers and dryers in there already so we couldn't bring our nice front loaders in there with us:( ]...After that off to Jose Pepper's we went for some mexican! Mmmm. After we ate, Mark brought the washer and dryers out to our friends' house and me, mom, and dad headed back to our place to do some picture hanging/decorating! :) Fun times! My mom is so good at that stuff, I always tell her she should be an interior decorator!
We enjoyed the rest of the weekend and boycotted the old place! Mark and I just went back there Sunday after mom and dad left to "check out". Glad the move it over! Mom and Dad were a tremendous help in wrapping things up with the old place and also helping us get our new place looking so homey!
Here are some pictures of our new place:
Kitchen is right when you walk in:
View from front door:
Dining room:
Livingroom:
Lil J's room---not NEAR ready yet. Lots to do yet :) Pictures to come of that later!
Guest bathroom across from Lil J's room:
Our bedroom which is across from the Kitchen [still not all decorated yet]:
Master bath:
We are so happy to be in a bigger place. It's SO nice and spacious. Our view off of our balcony is of a pond/fountain, it's so pretty. I'm excited to make memories in our new place with our new bundle of joy. I know this is just temporary, but technically this will be our 1st home as a family :)









No comments:
Post a Comment