Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Baby Shower weekend!


 On Friday afternoon when Mark and I got off work at 3, we packed up and were on our way back home to celebrate Mark and Mom's Birthdays, Shower Baby Hef, and also go to the Church Picnic on Sunday!

On our way up, the Birthday boy chose to eat at Taco Johns, yum! We don't get Taco John's often since we don't have one down in KC. When we got home around 9:15, we were greeted by Mom, Dad, Laura, and Addie!!! Of course we loved her up and then we all gathered to open gifts!

Mom and Mark opened theirs first since it was their Birthdays and then Mom and Laura also gave me my Birthday gifts since mine is the following weekend. My sister also gave me her special shower gift to me early :) It's a cute little frame with magnets.


 
After all of the excitement, we decided around 11:30 that we better hit the hay! We all had a big day/weekend ahead of us! Early the next morning, my sister and I went over to pick up the Birthday cakes and shower cupcakes over in Orange City. Like I had said, my birthday is the following weekend, so my mom ordered this special cake for me this year; how cute!!

I had also ordered a special cake for my mom and Mark's birthdays:)

And lastly, the super cute shower cupcakes with little pacifiers and of course polka dots!
My sister and Mom did such an amazing job planning my shower! Here are a couple pictures of the diaper cake my sister made and all of the amazing food my mom prepared! Needless to say, all of the food was gone by the end of the day!! As you can see, lots of PiNk! :)

Here is a Pinterest idea that I found awhile back...we had all of my shower guests sign her onesie! Mom sewed some cute little buttons onto a plain Carter's onesie, how creative she is!
 
I had a great turnout for my shower and got lots of awesome things for our sweet little girl! All of my friends know me all too well and got her such fun things! She is definitely going to be a spoiled one! Here is the aftermath ;)
I also got most all of my shower guests rounded up for a group picture (minus a few that snuck out before the picture was taken!)
And then of course I got a shot of my most favorite ladies, ever! Love these ladies! Most all of them are mommys themselves so have offered me great advice through pregnancy and I know will be there for some future expert mommy advice once our little bundle of joy arrives! Thankful for each and every one of them! I honestly don't know what I'd do without them.
Me with one of our amazing hostesses of the day! (and her little sidekick!)
I was bummed I never got a picture with the other hostess, my mama! She put alot of hard work into my day and even sacraficed prepping for it on her Birthday. Thanks mom!

After the party alot of my friends/family stuck around and chatted for awhile, which was nice since, like I said, a few of them I haven't seen in over a year!

At one point in the morning as I was saying my goodbyes to my guests, I walked into the kitchen to find this....
Addie felt left out!! She wanted a cupcake too! Lucky for her, she got the very last one! I think she liked it:)
While all of us girls (and a few little boys:)) were inside showering Baby Hefley, my dad, uncle Gary, Mark, and Kyle entertained themselves playing Bags (and drinking beer:))
We could not have asked for a better day! (all around) It was SO nice out. We had the honors of hanging out with our besties Kyle, Darci, Adelyn, and Avery for the day!! They were nice enough to stick around for the day and ended up staying til about 7 that evening! It was SO nice catching up with them...we didn't do a whole lot, but was just nice hanging out and enjoying eachother's company. I miss the days of when we lived so close to eachother and we could ride our bikes over to their neighborhood. I am just so happy that we've kept our friendship strong and pick up right where we left off like we haven't even "not" seen eachother in over a year! (sad, I know)
All in all, it was a WONDERFUL weekend. We are blessed!

PS Notice the father-to-be's nice chick magnet shirt! Ha, of alllll the shirts he has, he chose that one, so fitting for the day LoL. The shower guests started showing up and he hadn't gotten a chance to change yet so he just rocked that shirt all day:)

Sunday morning we all got up for 10:00 mass under the big tent at the Church picnic. After church, Mom, Mark, Josh, and I ran out to my Grandpa and Grandma's to look at my Grandpa's new gator and see my grandma after she had eye surgery on Friday.

When we got back to town, we all walked back down to the picnic and had some grilled burgers and french fries for lunch. We hung around there for most of the day and by evening, we were all pretty much shot...it was a big and busy weekend for everyone!

Luckily Mark and I and Josh didn't have to head back home until Monday so we got to just relax that evening. Monday morning Mark and I had our dentist appts. and then we had Maternity pictures following...and back down to KC we went.

This was a bittersweet weekend---> this was our very last weekend home before our little girl arrives! My doctor doesn't advise me traveling after 6 weeks. My mom and dad are coming down to stay with me the weekend that daddy goes to Vegas for a Bachelor party so at least I will get to see them before she arrives!

The next time I see my sister and brother though, I will be a mommy! Weird to think! Exciting times for all:)





No comments:

Post a Comment