Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Our new "fAmiLy" vehicle:)

On Tuesday, Sept. 3rd Mark had an appt. scheduled at Olathe Dodge to get his truck in for a service/inspection before his 5 year warranty was up on it. We've always talked about getting a family vehicle with better gas mileage, more room(!!), etc. but he was very hesitant about parting with his 'baby'. We had come to the conclusion that for right now, we would just get a topper for the back end of his truck so we could put luggage, etc back there when traveling.

I was in a hurry coming home from work because we had lil J's baby appt. at 4:00 and when I pulled into our place, his truck was not there...I had no idea where he was?!

Well he totally surprised me by bringing home a 2013 Dodge Durango with 20-some miles on it! I put two and two together when I saw the durango and the Olathe Dodge tags on there and about crapped myself.




I ran upstairs, he greeted me with kisses and I thought for sure he bought it and he was testing the waters and see how I'd react. He assured me that he just had it home for a test drive and that he wanted to talk it over with me before he committed to anything.

We went to our baby appt. which went great as always {not dilated yet but the head is very low!! Heart rate at 141} and went straight to Olathe Dodge from there to make a deal.

Mark's truck is an '08 and only has 41,000 miles on it, he took VERY good care of that thing. Needless to say, they agreed to give us much more than what we anticipated for his truck and this deal was pretty hard to pass up. Me, being the little bargainer that I am, got them to throw in a free remote start with the deal, yay! Mark was set on a sunroof but then we both agreed it wasn't a necessity and that we'd benefit much more with an remote start especially with a baby this winter!

It was a done deal....after 2 4 hours at the car dealership. Let's just say this mama had passed her hunger point and was ready to git.out.of.there! The dealer was super nice and wanted to show us all the different features on the stereo system. Technology nowadays just amazes me. We can sync our phones to it, it has google maps, good sound system, and so much more! We were both SO hungry at this point and they were about to close so we said we'd go through the manual.

And off to Texas Roadhouse we went to indulge in rolls, peanuts, Budweiser for him, and FOOD! It was a celebration! ;)
Mark was pretty sad to let go of his truck. I felt bad for him but we both kept convincing eachother this was the best decision and that we would be benefitting from it in the long run!
 
Lucky for me, he is leaving it with me this weekend when he heads out of town so my parents and I will be cruisin' in it! MUCH more room for our shopping bags as it can fit 7 people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment