SO much has changed in this short year! Heck, look how much you've changed in 8 months...crazy how fast time flies when you're having fun!
These have been the best 8 months of our lives! She is growing up to be such a smart little girl.
She just started eating three meals of solids/table food a day; breakfast around 8:00, lunch around 11:30, and supper around 5:30. She is on a pretty strict routine now. Some of her favorite foods include: Greek yogurt, ice cream!, Gerber pear pineapple, cheese curls, watermelon, and a new favorite at daycare has been pinto beans! She rarely ever eats her veggies plain so we have to bury them in a fruit mixture for her to eat them. I can't say I blame the girl.
After sleeping through the night (!!!) she usually wakes up around 6:00. She takes a 6 oz bottle around 6:30, eats her solids around 8:00, and then she's ready for a 3-5 oz bottle around 9ish and that is when she takes her AM nap. She usually naps from 9-10:30 or 11:00. She has lunch between 11:30 and 12. She has another 6 oz bottle around 1:30-2 and lays down for her afternoon nap. She usually naps from 1:30-4-4:30. She eats her supper around 5:30 and we play, take a bath, and she has her bed time bottle which is usually 8-10 oz AT 7:30. She is pretty strict about her bed time unless we are out and about doing things...If we are at home, about 7:15 sharp she lets us know she's hungry and tired and wants her bed! :) (personally, I LOVE it...I am definitely a routine kinda gal)
She never cries when she wakes up, she just tosses around and plays with her stuffed animal taggie and her silky daddy's girl blanky. I only let her go about 15ish minutes before going in to get her though, I don't want to push it and make her not like her crib. Every morning when I go in to her room, she is on her belly with her head propped up above her breathable bumper, waiting for me to come through the door and I just see the biggest smile ever. Makes.my.day!!!!
This little girl is quite the character. She has discovered her voice so out of no where she will make this loud screeching noise while smiling and look at us just waiting for us to either do it back or talk to her. It is the cutest thing ever! She is definitely an attention getter and I love it! She knows very well how loved and spoiled she is. Everyone cannot get over how happy of a girl she is. Our daycare lady has been doing daycare for the past 18 years and she has made several comments how Jordyn is the perfect baby and that she is always happy and rarely ever sheds a tear. Again I say, we have been BLESSED!
She is now in size 4 diapers and wearing 12 month clothes, some have even been 18 month! All of the different brands run differently though. Her uncle Josh made the comment that his 8 month niece has more clothes than him...what?? No way! :) Spoiled girl.
As you can see we've been doing her hair alittle different nowadays :) She still keeps her bows/headbands in but to switch it up alittle, beings her bangs are getting so long, we either put a pony tail in or a barrette!
She still LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the hot dog dance along with Family Guy(lol), Doc McStuffins, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I love seeing her reaction to Mickey Mouse, it is the cutest thing ever, it makes my heart happy seeing her excitement.
To celebrate her 'birthday' she got some strawberry/vanilla ice cream after she ate her green beans and mango mixed fruit! Of course that was the best part of her meal!
Big things will be happening in this 8th month of her life! We anticipate going to her 1st Royals game and heading up to Okoboji on her 9 month 'birthday'! What a way to celebrate huh:) Bring on summer and more memory-making!


No comments:
Post a Comment