Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Jordyn's 1st ear infection:(

Jordyn developed a really bad cough, was irritable, and would cry when we put her down for naps and bed. She just wasn't herself! I was feeding her 'comfort food' all week because she had no appetite what so ever and I turned the shower on and closed the door to build up the steam and then I put her in the bath tub to try to clear her out, in hopes that her cough would get better.

On Friday, February 27th, we had one of our Paramedic friends come over to listen to Jordyn's lungs and cough. I was mostly afraid of croup because it was a cough with phlem. He listened to her and he was not concerned about croup but he did see a rash forming under her right arm, so he suggested that we bring her to the doctor.

This picture was taken after a rough day she had at daycare:(
 I scheduled an appointment with a different Pediatrician in the same office as Dr. Loeb as she was out of the office that day. Daddy laid her down for an early nap that day and I took off a bit early so I could bring her to the doctor. She ended up waking from her nap, again, crying and had a slight fever so I gave her some motrin to ease her discomfort. Poor baby.
You will never guess what she was diagnosed with.... her very first ear infection in her right ear!!! She must have a high pain tolerance because she was never tugging at her ear or giving us any signs of a possible ear infection! Bless her little heart, poor girl... On top of that, she also had a virus that of course they could do nothing for...I also had her look at the rash-looking thing under her arm and she said it was just dry, patchy skin so she recommended hydrocortizone cream and eczema lotion.

After the doctor we headed straight to CVS to pick everything up to make my baby well again!! Bubble gum antibiotics(yum!!), cream, probiotics to weigh out the antibiotics, and vicks strips for her humidifier! The best medicine mama could offer were LOTS of snuggles!!!!

It worked out really well because we were due for a big snow storm Friday night all the way into Sunday so we had planned to stay inside in our pjs all weekend and get well!!

After a few days on her antibiotics we were slowly seeing our Jordy come back! She absolutely loved her bubble gum antibiotics! She had to take a whole syringe full so we got to split it into 3 pumps into the mouth because she enjoyed it so much! We'd praise her when she was all done and she'd give us high five, it was so cute!

What a relief to have her well again. The worst is seeing your baby suffer and not being able to do a darn thing for her!:( The only pro to her feeling under the weather was her wanting to be by mommy all the time and snuggle!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment