We packed up the durango and got on the road at about 10:00. Off to Grampy and Grammy's house we went!! We got up there around 3 and all hung out, mommy and grammy frosted Minnie cookies and susie-filled cupcakes while daddy, grampy, and I played and kept up to date on the Royals big game!
Mommy was pretty emotional Thursday evening putting me to bed...after all, I would wake up a 1 year old!!
And then it happened...I woke up being 1 year old!! (well, technically not until 12:35PM that day:))
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDYN CLARE! I slept in til about 7:30 that morning and was bombarded with balloons! :)
I finally got to dig into my Birthday donut! I liked licking the icing, that is by far the best part of it all!
We had plans to go to Pumpkinland on my Birthday but it was SO windy and the high was only about 45 so we decided not to. It would have been fun if the weather would have permitted but like Grammy told Mommy, I am still too young to know better and appreciated a low key day to get rested up for my big party on Saturday!!!!!While I napped, Mommy and Grammy were busy in the kitchen cooking, baking, and decorating! At 5 we had some family pictures taken... I didn't get an afternoon nap that day because my morning nap was from 11-1 so I wasn't AS smiling as I usually am. From what I see so far, they turned out pretty good!
After taking pictures, we met my Auntie and cousin at the Pizza Ranch for my Birthday dinner! It was cold and windy, what a great night for some comfort food!!
The next day we all woke up, ate monkey bread, played and when I layed down for my morning nap, Mommy, Grammy, Auntie, and Addie ran over to Orange City to pick up the balloons, get a few last minute groceries, and pick up my Birthday cakes!!For lunch we had BBQ ribs and mashed potatoes... after I ate mommy threw me in the sink to get all fresh 'n clean for my big party at 4:30! I was so excited, can ya tell??
Mommy was sure to keep me on schedule with naps especially today so I'd be ready for my party!! I laid down for a nap around 2 and Mommy finished up on all of her decorating and Grammy finished up on the cooking!!!
I woke up to this...what a surprise! :)
And of course I can't leave out one of the most important parts of the party!! The FOOD!
It's not all pictured but we had quite the menu that consisted of : Hot Diggity Dogs/tavern, Oh Noodles(macaroni salad), Daisy's fruit salad and fresh fruit, Taco Salad, Le-Minnie-Aid, and of course all of Oh Toodle's treats!! I had some Minnie straws, bubbles and candy bracelets that I gave to my friends as a thank you for coming to celebrate with me!
Everyone started arriving around 4:15. My Grammy surprised my Mommy by inviting my great Aunties to join us for the party! My Great Aunt Brenda and Ann ended up coming. It was kind of a last minute thing so the others had already committed to something. Andy and Haley came with Ann, Great Grampy and Grammy too. What a nice surprise!!
Kendra, Lauryn, and Grant(not pictured) and Sarah and Paisley also joined us for the celebration!!
And of course Uncle Wade, Laura, and Addie and Uncle Josh didn't miss out on the fun!
Unfortunately I didn't get a picture with Grampy and Grammy but I did get one with Mommy and Daddy and my cousin when we found a quick break in the midst of all the fun!
We all chatted for awhile then ate some good food!!! After eating we opened all my presents! I got so many fun toys, cute sweatshirt, DVD player for in the car and a Minnie Mouse fleece blanket. I am definitely one spoiled little lady!
After opening gifts, I
I even shared some of my cake with Daddy, he was loving it!!
At this point, the sugar was going straight to my blood stream!! I was putting on quite the show for everyone!! (LOL)The party finally died down around 7 and we cleaned up and relaxed for the rest of the night!! Believe it or not, I lasted until about 9:15 and then I wanted my BED!
The next morning we woke up, had toaster strudels and watched Frozen and played some more!
I took my morning nap and had some minute steak, mashed potatoes, corn, and cake for lunch and got on the road around 2:00.
What a FANTASTIC weekend this was!!! Fun was had by ALL! Family, friends, and making memories is what it's all about.
Here's to another GREAT year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment