Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekend Getaway!

This past weekend, our little family of three made the roadtrip up to Fort Dodge to see family and friends!!

We left on Thursday afternoon and got up there around 9ish. Jordyn did awesome the whole way!! She took a long 2 1/2 hour nap...
Then we made a pitstop in Des Moines at Texas Roadhouse!...
That evening we just spent time catching up with our besties, Kyle and Darci, until about midnight! This mama isn't used to staying up that late but it was all worth it!

We were up bright 'n early Friday morning in anticipation for our girl's day!! We had a funfilled day ahead of us...shopping and seeing people!
My friend Sarah made the trip to see us and hang out for the day!! (I didn't get any pictures :( ) She arrived around 10 and then we dropped Daddy off at the gym to see his iron pumping buddies and us girls were off to the college to see old friends!

We spent the morning there and then grabbed some lunch at Sports Page. Then we stopped by my Aunt Peg's work to see her! Jordie was such a little ham and cuddle bug and Peg was soaking it up:) She got to meet all of Peg's coworkers as well, she just loved all the attention.

After that we "ditched" Daddy (he went to hang out with a friend) and went on with our girl's day that consisted of shopping! Erica and her little boy met up with us too! So much fun with these girls...

That evening we all hung out at Kyle and Darci's and ordered in Pizza and made a run for....DARIETTE!! Our evening was complete:)

We were up early Saturday morning in anticipation for another busy day! My friend Jen and her son Malik came from Des Moines to see us and meet Lil J! After that we headed over to my Aunt Peg's house because my parents and brother had just got to town for the weekend...again, she was ham'n it up, everyone cannot believe how happy of a girl she is...I think it's because she knows how loved she is:)
We hung out in the morning and then we all went to see Kyle, who is part owner of the new Wendy's! What a great experience we had! Good food, good company, and I got my "fancy fountain pop"!
Darci and I LOVE our fountain pop to begin with and the new pop machine at Wendy's is no ordinary pop machine... any kind of pop you choose, you have the option of adding cherry, lime, raspberry, vanilla, or orange to your pop! It's the little things:) Awesome!! 
 
After lunch my parents, brother, Mark, Baby J, and I did some shopping! Mark, Jordyn, and I ditched otut alittle early to go see our friends who came from Wisconsin and Darci's sister and nephew who came from Omaha for the weekend to see everyone!
 
This was Heidi's first time meeting Jordyn!
That evening, we went to eat at Sports Page (yes, again) with my parents, brother, Trevir, Jodi, Kyle, and Darci.

Jordie got to have her first overnight with Grampy and Grammy while Mommy and Daddy went out with their friends for the evening...

She was a very good girl for them and only woke up once in the middle of the night (like usual if she doesn't sleep through the night)

That evening we went out with Trevir, Jodi, Kyle, and Darci and met up with other friends along the way!
 We made a late night Perkins run and were in bed by....3AM....this mama won't be doing that again for a long while :) It was fun while it lasted though and so worth it!

I was up and at 'em kind of dragging early the next morning but I couldn't sleep, I was so excited to see my baby! I went to grab some coffee for my mom, Casey's donuts, and beverages and I headed over to Peg's, where my parents and brother stayed, and got my morning cuddles in with my little love bug!! She took about a 2 hour nap so I think her and Grammy were up partying later than she said :)

To wrap up our weekend, we all went to Village Inn for brunch and met Kyle, Darci, and the kids there!

Jordyn LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so Daddy pulled it up on his phone to let her watch it for alittle bit while we were all waiting for our food...

We headed back to Kyle and Darci's to pack up our stuff and get on the road:( We couldn't leave without snapping a few pictures with our besties though- I can't believe we didn't get any taken all weekend!


A fun time was had by ALL, time flies when you're having fun!!

And off to KC we went......

 

No comments:

Post a Comment