Mommy took the day off on Wednesday because daycare was closed so we went for our early morning walk, did some laundry, and last minute packing. Daddy got off work at 3 so we got on the road by 4 to head up to Grampy and Grammy's! Mommy tried to hold me off on my nap so I would sleep in the car and I did just that. I slept for about 1 1/2 hours and we made a pitstop in Missouri Valley at Taco Johns and I got some potato oles and some of mommy's soft shell taco. Yum!!
Woke up Thursday morning, heading out to my Great Grampy and Grammy's farm to visit them with my Grammy and Uncle while mommy and daddy went to their dentist appointments. I took a quick morning nap and then we were on the road to OKOBOJI!!
We got up there around 1:00 and we were on the water by 2:00! I wasn't on the boat for more than 15 minutes and I fell asleep. I slept for 2 hours! Wow!! Maybe the humming of the boat or the relaxing waves but apparently it was the perfect sleeping conditions. Luckily the water wasn't too rough and mommy and grammy kept me shaded :)
We got off the water around 4ish and went back to the campground to get the camper all set up and lit up the grill.
That evening mommy and grammy ran to get some groceries for the weekend and I played with daddy and uncle Josh. We were going to go for a night ride but ended up not doing that so we just all hung out. I had a pretty consistent bed time of 10ish all weekend but mommy was okay with that... it's vacation :)
Mommy had fears of me waking up at my normal time around 6AM and having to leave the camper so we didn't wake everyone else up but guess what?! I slept until about 7:30 every morning!!! Vacation wears a girl out ;)
Mommy, Grammy, and I took a walk around the lake that morning to kick the day off...
We came back, ate breakfast, and then got to walk in the 4th of July parade at the campground at 10:00!! How fun! There were alot of kids on bikes, trikes, and
I started off in the parade solo but guess who joined me once she arrived.....my cousin Addie!!
After the parade we grilled out for lunch...burgers, steak, brats, and chicken... I had a burger and some macaroni salad! And to drink...Daddy gave me a coors to sip on! (not really:))
Unfortunately it was pretty windy that day so we didn't even attempt to get the boat out on the water, it'd be way too rough for my cousin and I... we played around the campground and went up to the baby pool, and when my cousin went down for a nap, I got to swim in the big kid pool with my daddy!
Soon after swimming, I went down for my PM nap as well! I took pretty much all of my naps but they were all pushed back by about an hour, that's okay though:) Since my cuz was napping in my pack 'n play, I got to take my nap in the stroller :) I napped for a good 2 hours under the shade tree outside the camper and when I woke up, boy did I get a bunch of lovin' ...
We all freshened up and took a quick walk down by the lake. We love our new wagon that Grammy got us!
That evening we went to eat at one of our favorites in Okoboji...the Taco House! I got a beef soft shell taco...It was pretty dang good!
That evening auntie and Addie had to head home. I went to bed farely early that evening and the rain washed out the fireworks display. The only bummer about the weekend was that I didn't get to see my first fireworks, but all the other fun I had made up for that!! :)
Saturday morning we woke up to rain. We went to the lodge for coffee and breakfast. It cleared off by midmorning so you better believe we were getting that boat back out on the water! Fun in the sun!!
You are never going to believe this but I fell asleep AGAIN on the boat!! This time we hadn't even gotten on the water yet...Grammy was holding me in the boat while Grampy was pulling us down to the boat ramp. Camping is exhausting :) So they slipped my life jacket on and shaded me for then next 2 hours while I napped. Grammy and Mommy enjoyed their margaritas while the guys enjoyed their coors lite!!
Around 2:00 we got the boat off the water, freshened up, and headed over to the Barefoot Bar to meet up with some friends!
It was so nice catching up with Trevir and Jodi and seeing my friend Aspyn. Mommy's old college roommate made it over to see us too! A fun afternoon was had by all. While at the Barefoot Bar I fell asleep in mommy's arms right before leaving. We headed over to the Dry Dock to eat supper and I slept the whole time.
When we got back to the campground daddy, Grampy, and uncle went to play some mini golf and we hung out in the camper because the mosquitos were really bad.
Sunday morning we woke up, went to the lodge for coffee, and ran into Kendra, Lucas, Lauryn and Cole! They were up there camping for a night as well. We chatted for awhile, then we went to Perkins for breakfast, and then they came over to our camper after we got back.
We were all pretty burnt from Saturday so we didn't go out on the boat...we cleaned up the camper and headed back to Grampy and Grammy's house. Jordyn was SO happy to be 'free' again...she didn't get much crawling time up at the camper...she was either in the wagon, stroller, car seat, jumperoo, or in our arms! :)
After a fun and relaxing evening of rewinding and relaxing, we were back on the road to go home on Monday afternoon...nooooo!
A fun time was had by all and we already cannot wait until our WEEK vacation in August up in Boji!! SO excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment